Intro

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Marketing Plan!

If there is one thing I learned this year I media studies (this is misleading, I learned many things) it's that your audience is your walking advertisements. They sell your brand. How you might ask?

Exhibit A: Snapchat filter: Part of my marketing campaign is the creation of a Snapchat filter so that when my film is about to make its grand debut, I have all kinds of Gen Z & Millennial-filter -loving folks sending their friends snaps surrounded by the "Just Lucky" filter frame. It will look something like this
The shoes will surround the filter and it will have "Just Lucky" written at the bottom with its release date. The brick blocks wont be in the middle though, that's for their faces to go.



My second marketing plan I want to talk about is how I am distributing my product. My main trailer will premier through a non-skippable Youtube ad because YouTube is a very common form of social media that both my target audiences use. While they are coming to watch their video, my trailer will pop up and I think intrigue them enough to want to watch all of it. I also created an Instagram for my film where I post pictures, videos, some off camera laughs, and exclusive opportunities. I will do a sneak peek of my trailer and then tell them to go watch the full thing on my website.

My second trailer will be advertised primarily through Snapchat. Snapchat has now started putting trailers in their ads so I will put my second trailer and then say swipe up for more. When they swipe up, they can see my main trailer, a synopsis of the story, and I will lead them to the website.

My film will be distributed through small select theaters and at film fests since it is not a full featured film that will go through all major theaters in the U.S because that's not realistic. In the month of June, it is film month in Miami and there will be lots of film fests which is a perfect platform to distribute my film. Also through other major film fests like Sundance festival because many people attend them.

Another aspect of my campaign includes a scholarship opportunity for anyone who was in foster care. All they have to do is write an essay about their experience in the foster care and how that has helped shape them into who they are today. The winner will win a $1000 scholarship and will encourage the education of foster children because the odds of them dropping out of school are high.

I also created a petition to stop separating siblings in foster care because that is a real issue today and a major part of my film. This illustrates post-modernist marketing because it gives my audience that one-to-one field where I give them the opportunity to be a part of the change.

Finally, there is a "What's Your Story?" tab on my website that gives people the opportunity to share their experience with foster care. This is an interactive opportunity that helps to create a family kind of environment where people feel like they can share their story and use their voice through that platform.

That's all for now!
Until next time,
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment