Intro

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Cue the Lightbulb

Hola fellow humans!

I realized I never finished the storyboard for my first trailer so I finally got to that and here it is.


The adopted sister is going to scroll through multiple peoples posts on her website, sharing their story, and that's when she realizes how not everyone got the same chance she did. They al started the same, but she got lucky. As she is saying this to herself, a shot of her sister running from her last foster home is shown. Then the adopted one gets in an argument with her Mom saying how messed up the system is and the Mom responds hurt because the system is what made them a family. Then their is a knock on the door and the duffel bag drops for the final time.

I'm really excited with how this is going to turn out but am also extremely stressed out. There is not a lot of time left and I am really behind schedule. Plus with AP exams and tests in those classes every single day, there is a lot to worry about. These upcoming weeks are going to be the craziest and I'm honestly just struggling to get by.

On a happier note, we met with our groups in class last week which is always really helpful. I decided at that point that having the two trailers in different perspectives with different voiceovers maybe is not the best idea. I think it would be making my job even harder. Which brings me to my new idea, (cue the lightbulb) I decided to really play with sound in my second trailer which will go on social media. The point will be to contrast the two environments the girls grew up in. So the sound of cars over the highway vs. maybe laughter of the family, jewelry on one girls wrist vs. sound of change the homeless girl is scrambling to find. I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate this  into an overall message. I noticed a lot of my trailers are not requiring dialogue which kind of goes against conventions and I want to play that into the message. Something about using your voice to speak out in ways that don't require speaking or like how a lot can be said without using words. The girls have been through so much and have to learn how to use their voices in other ways in order to be heard, such as the sister creating the website.

This could lead to a great marketing campaign that will get the audience involved. As I am typing all the different ideas on how I can market this are flowing in my head! My goal this week is to come up with titles (Character names, Movie title, website title, etc). I wanted to wait to see how everything plays out before I made one, but now it's crunch time and I must decide.

Wish me luck!
Until next time,
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment