Intro

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Beginning

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am very anxious to be working on this project but look forward to blogging the journey throughout the long but exciting process! These past few days, I have begun brainstorming ideas for what kind of magazine I want to do.  I know I want to do a fitness magazine, but I don’t want it to be your typical fitness magazine that is filled with impossible workouts or things you have to pay a lot of money for. I am going for a very homemade feel for my project. I want it to inspire people and make them feel as if they don’t have to go so far out of their way to try and live a more healthy lifestyle. By the end of the week, my goal is to get a full understanding of exactly what I want to do. I was not sure where to even start when creating the magazine, so I have come up with 3 simple categories to help organize my thoughts: Target audience, genre, and features.

Target Audience

When researching other fitness magazines, a lot of them seem to be targeting adults. For my magazine, I want to target girls in their teens and twenties. I want to be able to connect personally to these girls and make them look forward to living a healthy lifestyle. I know that the target audience I am aiming for does not have to have a lot of money to accomplish and mimic the ideas in the magazine. They do not have to go and get a personal trainer or anything expensive like that.

Genre

Genre is something I have a general idea of what I want to do, but it is not as specific as I want it to be. I am just not sure of the route that I want to take for my fitness magazine. I could either go with physical fitness or emotional fitness, maybe both. By the end of this week, and after all the research into different genres, I hope to know for sure what kind of magazine I am going for.

Features

This is my random thoughts category filled with ideas that I have already come up with for my magazine. Right now I just want to mention things that I have thought of that I know for sure I want my magazine to have.

  • Recipes- I love making smoothies and finding unique snacks that are also good for you. I really want to incorporate a variety of healthy food/drink recipes in my magazine that is easy to make, and made from things you probably already have at home.
  • Workout routines- I know I want to incorporate easy at home workout routines you can do that do not require a lot of equipment. I also want to talk about fun activities you can and probably already do that are actually great workouts.
  • Interview- I know for a fact I want to interview my Mom due to the fact that she is a fitness instructor at Midtown. Since my Mom normally teaches classes and personally trains adults at the gym, I just want to make sure the interview is filled with information that my target audience will want to know.  

Thanks for reading!

-C  

No comments:

Post a Comment