Intro

Friday, March 25, 2016

Working on the Masthead

I have been looking into different software’s to use for the creation of the magazine and one In particular stood out, Joomag. It seemed easy to use and was free, a definite plus. Today’s Blog post I am going to be coming up with the font and color for my magazine, Inside Out.

I wanted my masthead color to be bold but feminine. I wanted it to represent the message and emotions that I am trying to get my audience to feel. Thus, we have come to a conclusions, magenta. First when I was researching colors and their meaning, I found that a bright purplish-pink color meant compassion and healthy. I was intrigued because I wouldn’t correlate pink and healthy together, I thought that would fall under green. When I looked into it more, I found that the color magenta combined those things. It is “the color of universal harmony and emotional balance”. Everything that the article described about this color was exactly what I was going for. It is an element of transformation and self-respect. It represents contentment on what you have achieved. This is perfect because I want my readers to feel confident in there body and learn to love who they are. So magenta it is! If you want to read more about this color click this.

Choosing a font is something I had mixed feeling about. Although it’s exciting because it is something I want people to be able to associate my magazine with, I am a very indecisive person and there are so many options to choose from. I could make Inside one font and Out another, I could make it frilly and cursive or big and bold. These are the ones that I ended up liking:

Inside Out Inside Out Inside Out Inside Out Inside Out Inside Out Inside Out Inside Out
Inside Out

After a while of considering, I choose this one

Inside Out

It’s unique, girly, and memorable at the same time.
Thanks for reading!
-C



Works Cited:

"The Color Magenta." Empower Yourself with Color Psychology. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment