Intro

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Ideas Ideas Ideas



Happy Tuesday!!

Today in class, we were able to go to the media center and take advantage of the fascinating technology that it has to offer to the students. I mentioned this in a previous post, but I never actually said what it was/how we are using it. The whole class is separated into four groups to sit at four tables. Using the six computers (one per person), each group member has the opportunity to project whatever is on their screen onto an even bigger T.V screen for the whole group to see. This tool is so helpful for this project and it makes it easier when trying to explain to a whole group about your blog. I love that we are going to work in groups each week because they really provide some useful feedback. That is what I am going to talk about today; a compilation of ideas that were given to me and things that I have thought of recently.


Sadly, since I was the last to go, I really didn’t have a whole lot of time to talk about my project with my group. However, I was able to ask for their advice on the one question that has been in my mind, what do I talk about next? I already discussed genre, target audience, title (I decided to stick with Inside Out), and more. I didn’t know if I should just jump right in to ideas for the two-page spread, talk about the cover, etc. My group suggested going over some components that I know I will have in every magazine. This was actually perfect because I had brainstormed some things I already knew I wanted to have in each Inside Out edition.


  • ·         Myth Busters- A lot of people believe in facts that are not actually true, such as Protein shakes make you lose weight. I think this section of my magazine will appeal to the readers easily because who doesn’t want to find out that they were wrong?

  • ·         Quizzes- this is just an idea, but I know for a fact that one thing people love to take are magazine quizzes. I personally have not seen a quiz in a magazine since Tiger Beat, so I want this fun little page to be something that the readers will look forward too. I know I will definitely be inspired by Buzz feed when coming up with Quiz ideas.

  • ·         Recipes- I know I said this from the very beginning, but I am super excited to research food recipes for my magazine. I think it will be so fun to make the food look really nice and appealing for when I photograph it for the magazine. I am considering making this my two-page spread now. So just as a memory refresher, it is now between a healthy food or even drink recipe, and maybe an interview with my Mom who is a fitness instructor.

  • ·         Workouts- I was thinking of having every magazine contain an easy at home workout. I used to watch this YouTube channel when I was training for this bicycle trip I was going on and the woman has some really amazing (and tough) workouts to do at home. If you are interested in checking out her channel, Blogilaties, click here. I know that channel will definitely be something I will look to get inspiration from later.


That is all for tonight, I have a drama competition this week so I am going to have to split up the research into different days since I won’t have time to do a lot of research in one post.
Thanks for reading!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment