Intro

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Target Audience and Possible Title

Hi Everyone!
For today’s blog post, I want to focus on my target audience of girls in their teens-twenties. When thinking about this particular audience, I considered the type of magazines, myself included, that they would normally pick up in a store:

























These magazine are all about gossip, celebrities, fashion, and trends. I had to ask myself, what would make my target audience want to pick up my magazine? I believe it will be because they will be able to relate to it. They will see how realistic it is and how they can easily do what my magazine mentions and understand the kinds of things it teaches.
When researching different fitness magazines, I found some components they all tend to have in common

  1. ·         Workout snippets
  2. ·         Nutritional advice
  3. ·         Fitness equipment
  4. ·         Workout fashion


My magazine will include a lot of those things but the difference is our target audiences.

A great fitness magazine called Shape is targeted toward women but more for adult females. When I googled Shape magazine and clicked on their website, this was the first cover that came up:

The cover shows the beautiful Kate Hudson flaunting her fit body. One specific cover line stood out to me: “Faster Weight Loss- Your Easy Get-Lean Plan”. This cover line advertises ways to get the perfect body, something that I believe doesn’t exist. Everyone has their own insecurities even people like Kate Hudson. When I was talking to my Mom about some of the clients she trains, she said a lot of them say they are trying to lose weight for reasons like trying to fit into a dress for a special event.  After asking them a few more questions she concludes that typically people want to be proud of something. Once they work really hard and put in the effort, the extra five to ten pounds won’t matter as much because the workouts make them feel better about themselves. Once you feel better about yourself you will look better. Through my magazine, I want my target audience to understand that and I hope that motivates them to live a healthier lifestyle so they can learn to feel better about themselves first instead of worrying about the way they appear. The conversation with my Mom has led me to a possible magazine title: Inside Out. This title coincides with what I was just talking about. Health starts from the inside first, once when your tissues, bones, and muscles are healthy people will feel good and when they look into that mirror they won’t see the flaws they saw before, they will instead see a beautiful person.


-C





Works Cited:
"Home." Shape Magazine. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2016.

"Seventeen." Seventeen. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2016.

Sander, Sloane. "Discourse Analysis: People Magazine." Discourse Analysis: People Magazine. N.p., 4 Mar. 2014. Web. 12 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment