Intro

Sunday, March 12, 2017

I'm a Survivor

Okay so first set back...check, but I survived it!

I talked to my Dad and there is no filming allowed where I wanted because it is against the rules. My idea was really complex and would have been hard to film anyway. Which, I could’ve guessed that, I was just praying there was a glimmer of hope there, but bad plan, bad plan.

So naturally I was back to the same big issue, a plot. And then the best thing happened!! In class, we met at our new fancy school library “The Wave” which, as I may have mentioned in last year’s blog postings, features new and pretty gnarly technology. We get to project our blogs, that are pulled up on our laptops, onto an even bigger screen for our table to see. I guided them through where I was at and they really liked my idea but knew I needed help. Thus I have my brand new plot (which may make me change my title, but you know, that is okay).

Originally, my theme was to show the negative and faults of the foster care system. With this new idea, I think I will be able to show both the good and the bad. Okay, okay I will stop blabbering and get to it. In the beginning of the trailer, there will be a bunch of commotion, confusion, police sirens, low key lighting etc. Then you see two young girls being taken separately in two different directions (fictional story people).  This might not actually happen in real life but we’ll roll with it. Anyway, I still want to do the duffel bag shot with the shoes to show the different families one girl is going to. Maybe only one final drop to show the other sister’s situation and instead of her going to more people’s houses, she walks away with both parents inside (still only showing the feet) to show that she stayed with them. Then the trailer shows the contrast between the sisters two lives. One sister is at the dinner table laughing with her family (she got adopted), the other is laying on the streets at night, homeless. I think I want the two girls to have some sort of interaction where they meet each other, but maybe not know they are related (kind of Parent Trap situation, but still have to work that part out.)

My target audience is late Gen Z, early millennials so I definitely want both of my trailers to attract both audiences.

Short blog post today so I can catch you guys up on what’s going down. Stay tuned for THREE postings this week featuring research (f u n),  more on target audience, trailer inspirations, website information, and more!

Until next time,
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment