Intro

Friday, April 1, 2016

The Reasoning Behind the Photos

After taking 100 photos, I now have to decide which ones I like the best. I must ask myself things like, does it look better vertical or horizontal, mid shot or full body shot? As I went through each photo and began to eliminate 90% of them, I realized the only picture I actually explained in previous blog posts was the cover image. So, I want to address my vision for the TOC and for the two page spread. First here is a sketch that I quickly drew so you guys can understand how I want my pictures to look in the TOC:


Please excuse the awful drawings, the point was just to get an idea of the layout across. Each image represents a cover line that was on the cover page. Most of the pictures are going to be close ups. As you can see, there is a mix of vertical photos (inspiration from the TOC example that I showed a couple of posts ago) and a horizontal photo. The horizontal picture is of the eyes of Camila and Emily and represents my two page spread article. One reason why the picture is horizontal and not vertical like the rest of the images is because this is the cover story and I want it to be highlighted/easily noticeable in the TOC. In the actual article, I will be using the pictures of Camila and Emily each writing positive words about themselves in the mirror that outline their reflection. I will talk more about why these photos are significant for the article later. The first vertical picture (I have not taken yet) is going to be of a smoothie and goes with the cover line 10 Simple and Healthy Recipes Using Ingredients You Probably Already Own. The second picture is the one I took of the close up on Camila's feet in the air as she jumps on the trampoline. This photos represents the cover line Fun Activities That are Surprisingly Great Exercise. The third photo is of a hamburger (I tried) but I will probably change it to a healthier food that is high in carbohydrates. This photo matches with the Myth Busters: Carbs are Not the Enemy cover line. Finally, the last one is the close up of Emily planking ( I actually love how that picture came out) and goes with the cover line Amazing At Home Workouts. I plan to have these pictures by the Features section of the TOC and then include other articles and their matching pages below that section.

This weekend, I am going camping, but I am still committed to finishing my TOC and Cover page by Sunday. I just felt like I needed to explain the pictures that I took yesterday.

See you Sunday!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment