Intro

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Operation Cover Page Completed



After hearing multiple opinions, I have decided to stick with Word and that is final! A few people told me not to use it because they thought I would not be able to do more artsy things with my magazine. On the other hand, my friend Camila told me that the majority of her class used either Word or Power point and they came out really nice. I just do not have the time to learn a new software. Anyways, like I said before, Word is much easier for me to use and I am much more familiar with it. So, now that we have that settled, I also realized something that I was missing...COLORS!! I only had one set color to use for my magazine,which was magenta. Therefore I had a lot of white space. I googled color combinations for magenta and these are some that I liked:

Color Scheme with #7D9C9F #BDD8DA #DFEFF0 #AD235E #ECECEC #B1B1B1
Color Scheme with #CC1559 #FF5EAA #96B3D3 #FFFFFF #585858 #646464

I really loved the light blue and the magenta together, but before I committed to it, I took the time to research the color blue and what it represents. Turns out, blue also fits my magazine because it represents inner security and confidence, a feeling that I want my readers to be able to have.

Once again, I have spent another day working for 4 plus hours, but this time I actually made progress and... wait for it...finished my Cover Page!! I mean, I had all the information and pictures before, but now I finally put it all together. In order to build up the suspense for the big reveal on Sunday, I will just show you the mast head of my cover page (which I am quite proud of)




 Don't be alarmed, I covered the rest of the page with a temporary white box, so yes, I do have more than just a title. I also want to point out that since my title is called Inside Out, it is inside and outside the blue lines too (see what I did there?)!

That's all I have for today, you can expect an update on the TOC tomorrow!

-C



Works Cited:
Magenta Color Schemes- Magenta Color Palette." Color Combos. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Apr. 2016.
The Color Blue." Empowered By Color. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Apr. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment