Intro

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Slow but Sure

AHHHHHHHH

Okay so I know I said I would have the TOC and Cover page done by Sunday (fail), but I have been really busy with makeup work and have not had time to properly complete them. I continued working on the cover page immediately after I got back from camping, but I did not expect the amount of time it took to eliminate the background of this picture.




It is a lot more time consuming then it looks. I started to use a program my Mom has on her computer but found that using Power point was easier to figure out. There was an eliminate background option and you had to carefully outline each of their figures in order to take out the rest of the background. Anyway, I ended up with this, which is not bad considering how technologically challenged I am with this stuff.







Then, all day today I have been jumping between different softwares in order to create my magazine. It is much harder than it seems because if you change programs, then you have to learn how to use the other program. I couldn't figure Joomag out and started to get impatient, so I switched to Canva. Unfortunately, Canva only allows you to use their fonts, so If I continued with that software, then I wouldn't have been able to keep my mast head font that I loved. I then decided to download photo shop (which took forever). And just my luck, photo shop had certain aspects that were difficult for me to use, such as clicking and moving a text box (trust me it was not as simple as it sounds). Finally, I ended up falling back into my comfort zone and using Word (so much easier). 

I also captured my final pictures of the food that I need for my TOC





Who knew taking a good picture of bananas would be that difficult (it probably took me over 20 minutes)? I know you're probably dying to see what my TOC and Cover Page look like, but I am going to wait until this weekend to reveal the final product. Don't worry though I will still show you bits and pieces of it in the next few blog posts.

Stay tuned!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment